Passport Information

Requirements & Regulations

Remember to bring proof of citizenship in the form of a valid passport card or book. An enhanced driver’s license AND a birth certificate may be accepted at the border but is not guaranteed. We highly recommend a passport to guarantee entry/exit.

NOTE: Anyone with a criminal record (prior or pending-including a DUI conviction) WILL NOT be permitted to cross the border. If you or anyone in your party has any doubts, please contact the border ahead of time to be sure you can cross the border without any problems.

Need a Passport?

If you do not have a Passport yet and are getting one to travel with us to Montreal, we recommend getting a Passport Card instead of a Passport Book. A Passport Card will save you about $100, compared to a Passport Book.

YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT BOOK! As long as you are traveling by land (car or bus) and not by AIR, a Passport Card is equally valid for travel to Canada and back. If you are traveling by AIR, you will need a passport BOOK.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY FOR EXPEDITED SERVICE if traveling by bus, regardless of when your trip is scheduled. If you are traveling with us within 30 days and still need a passport, call us first for more information. 781.979.9001


What documents, identification, and paperwork does a U.S. citizen need to travel internationally?

If you are traveling in the Western Hemisphere (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America):

Air Travel:

All U.S. citizens departing from or entering the United States from within the Western Hemisphere by air are required to present a valid passport, NEXUS card (if utilizing a NEXUS kiosk when departing from a designated Canadian airport). Merchant Mariner Document (for members of the U.S. armed forces traveling on official orders.) Note that children are also required to present their own passport when traveling by air.

Land or Sea Travel:

U.S. citizens entering the United States by land or sea are required to present a valid WHTI-compliant document, which include:

  • Passports
  • U.S. Passport Cards
  • Enhanced Driver’s Licenses
  • Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
  • Military Identification Cards (for members of the U.S. armed forces on official orders)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document (for U.S. citizens on official maritime business)

Military personnel traveling under orders may present photo ID and orders. Family members must present a passport (with the exception of children 15 and younger arriving by land or sea.)

Canada will not allow a U.S. citizen into the country who does not have the proper documentation to return home.


Please refer to these websites for more information…

Click here for the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) regarding Entry/Exit Requirements…

Click here for the U.S. Customs & Border Protection
Website regarding Entry/Exit Requirements…

Enhanced Drivers Licenses: What Are They?

Information from : Homeland Security…

Enhanced drivers licenses make it easier for U.S. citizens to cross the border into the United States because they include:

  • a vicinity Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip that will signal a secure system to pull up your biographic and biometric data for the CBP officer as you approach the border inspection booth, and
  • a Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) or barcode that the CBP officer can read electronically if RFID isn’t available.

The states of Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington are issuing these enhanced drivers licenses.

Passport Resources…

How much does a passport cost?

A Passport Card costs $55

A Passport Book costs $135

It generally takes 4-6 weeks to get your passport. Expedited Service is available for an additional $60 per application plus overnight delivery costs, but still takes 2-3 weeks to process.

Don’t get left at home, Get your passport or passport card NOW!


Passport Applications

Passport Locations

Passport Info

HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact us now for details

The Ultimate 18+ Weekend Getaway...

Montreal Party Weekends!